Monday 6 June 2011

New job, New Challenges, New rewards

Despite technically work in this internship for a month now, I am only starting my second week of work here in Edgerton. My first week was a whirl wind  for meeting people, getting oriented, and being give a list of jobs to work on. However, even with all this craziness I am adjusting and fitting in quite quickly. I love Edgerton, and the office I work in and I am looking forward to this summer. Last week I began planning a seniors event, it is still very early on and the date may be being changed, nevertheless, I am excited for it. I am slowly learning that I will be doing a little bit of everything here. Last week I was planning events, and this week I am looking into a new phone system for the village.

I am, also, living in Edgerton. This will enable me to become a part of the community and really get to know the people I am working with and the community I am serving. I will be living it up high class, in my holiday trailer, but I have made a deal with Edgerton and will be campground manager, so it all worked out well. I am looking forward to my adventure this summer and can't wait to see how I will help this community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment